domingo, 9 de julio de 2023

FOUND A NEW ISSUE OF "PASO ESTRECHO"

"Paso Estrecho" was a Spanish magazine, edited by  Acción Súper-8 group from Barcelona, directed by Enrique López Manzano, dedicated to the smallest film formats than 35 mm, and especially to Super-8.

It began its journey as a fanzine, in 1977, although, over the years, it would grow and its last number was that of an authentic magazine, sold in kiosks, that the longed-for journalist from La Coruña  Manuel Martin Ferrand came to mention in his television program about new publicacions in Spain, at noon, in TVE.

Unfortunately, the video was just around the corner, which ended its short life, with heavy financial losses for the good old Enrique López Manzano, whom I dealt with personally when I was in the University in Barcelona, and with whom I am still in contact, through Facebook after all these decades.

I keep, bound, my collection of British and American magazines of the time, such as "Movie Maker", "Making Better Movies", "Film Making", Super 8 Filmmaker" and, of course, the Spanish  "Cinema 2002", in which I started writing when I was only 15 years old.

But the fanzine-type edited ones, such as "Paso Estrecho", since I couldn't bind them, I losted the issues over the years, and for this reason I am very happy every time I find an issue,  as happened today Sunday, in a flea market in my city (for only 1 €!) , which makes me especially excited.  I have already located 8 numbers of "Paso Estrecho" which, now, I keep duly filed in a folder, for future study and reference.

  • IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR THOSE FILMMAKERS WHO WISH TO INCORPORATE SUPER-8 INTO THEIR PROFESSIONAL OFFER:

For those readers in the professional field who believe it is convenient to offer Super-8 in their service portfolio, I always recommend Pro 8mm, the same provider used by Steven Spielberg, Spike Lee or J.J. Abrams.

My recommendation is proven: it certainly makes me proud to work with Phil and Rhonda Vigeant, whose efforts on Super-8 have been recognized by the ASC.

At Pro 8 mm they serve in Spanish and English, in the following link, and shipping to Europe takes only 3 days!

The complete catalog of products and services can be seen at the following link:

PRO 8MM

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario