lunes, 19 de diciembre de 2022

MISSION IMPOSSIBLE? FINDING AN 85 FILTER TO USE WITH THE HUGE 95 MM THREAD

Until now, and since he was a student, he had always shot with Iscorama anamorphic using daylight film. However, for my next project in the Antarctic, I'm going to bringing with me a nice amount of Kodak Vision 200 light tungsten film, which I love it. For this reason, I found myself in need of buying an 85 filter, to use balanced film for tunsten light in daylight. 

The 85 filter is now very hard to find because how many of us are still buying tunsgtene film today, if it is an inexplicably prohibited light source, to favor the hateful LEDs made in Red China? If the 85 filter is hard to find, it is even more so with a huge diameter of 95mm, the one that the Iscorama-54 needs. Throughout the world, in its immense and boundless roundness, a 85 filter with 95 mm thread it is only manufactured by the American company Tiffen, upon request, at a price of $350, plus shipping to Spain and import duties to the European Union.

Good thing there is the wonderful international  Super 8mm group in Facebook,  and thanks to a kind English member,  I was able to buy one of these 95mm Tiffer 85 filters in Britain, remaining stock, for just £40. The filter arrived today: wonderful. Of course, I had to pay import taxes, due to Brexit.



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario