sábado, 9 de marzo de 2024

BACKUPS WITH BETACAM DIGITAL

As all readers know, I still shoot everything with motion picture film, usually Super 8 but some times 16 mm too, whether negative or reversal. I do the editing by cutting and splicing phisically the film and finally make a print in 16mm or 35mm for exhibition and archiving. However, in certain small works (for example, trailers and certain short films), to economize, after digitizing the negatives, I do the post-production in digital and the final work is also in digital.

Saturday morning in our HAL 9000 hall

The problem with having the finished work digitally archived on hard drives is its long-term conservation. Due to various computer problems I have lost several finished works (although I have them, in lower quality, on Vimeo, but even here they are not safe, as I had the opportunity to check this Christmas).

Therefore, of those shorts that I cannot, as would be my wish, keep a film backup, I transfer them, for archiving, from hard drive to Digital Betacam tapes. It is fortunate that I have kept my Betacam Digital and SP equipment, from before the founding of IB Cinema, when I operated on a small scale as a freelancer.



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario