jueves, 13 de julio de 2023

FUMEO COMPLY ITS WARRANTY, 25 YEARS AFTER PURCHASE!, thanks to Marco Sonetti

In 1999 or 2000 I bought one of the last 9119 super-8 projectors that was manufactured at the Fumeo factory in Via Teocrito, 47, of Milano. When I opened it up, I was surprised that the amp was not like the other Fumeo projectors with the same amp I had, with brown circuit boards and printed circuit and components, but blue, non-transparent and unmarked. 

Brand new amplifier, just arrived from Marco Sonetti enormous warehouse in Italy

When asked about it, they said, "Don't worry, if you have a problem, don't fix it, we'll send you a new board." Well, 25 years later, this amplifier has a fault, and my friend José Manuel goes crazy trying to repair it, due to the lack of references on the board. 

Talking about the problem with Marco Sonetti, to my surprise he told me that he keeps the word that Fumeo gave me a quarter of a century ago: and he sent me a new amplifier, of the traditional type, totally free! (even the postage).  What a difference with the current brands of digital devices, which do not even serve you during the two years of mandatory warranty! 

Fumeo enthusiasts we are lucky that Marco Sonetti cares about keeping alive a brand that is, for many of us, a factory of dreams.

Both amplifiers


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario