viernes, 11 de noviembre de 2022

IMPROVEMENTS IN THE LOADING DEVICE FROM SUPER-8 TO SINGLE-8 (part 7: CUSTOMIZED CARTRIDGES)

In my next feature film project in the Antarctic, "ALÉN DA FIN DO MUNDO" (Beyond the End of the World),  due to narrative requirements, I will use the Fujica ZC1000N camera, in what will also be a kind of tribute to its designer, Shigeo Mizukawa, whom I know personally, thanks to our long-time common friend Tak Kohyama.


This camera, the best motion picture film camera ever designed (this honor,  at this stages of the game, it will remain forever for the ZC1000N), shoots with 8 mm type S film (popularly Super-8)
but in Single-8 cartridges. 


This forces me to transfer, in a dark room, and in an artisan way, the film stocks that I want to shot, from the Super-8 cartridges to the Single-8 ones. 

As, logically, Kodak does not like to see its film in a cartridge from its main competitor, Fujifilm, I am personalizing the reloadable eco-friendly cartridges, as I have done on other occasions, with my production company's own label, IB CINEMA.

The whole process is an artisanal task, including the punching, which Álex does with some devices developed by my friend José Manuel.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario