domingo, 20 de febrero de 2022

"ASTIA LA VISTA", FIRST CLASS PROCESSING IN SUPER 8 REVERSAL LAB

I was very pleasantly surprised  with the quality of the Dutch laboratory Super 8 Reversal Lab when they did the processing something very special to me: my very last Single-8 cartridge loaded with Fujichrome Astia, of 100 ASA!!!, for years in my fridge, and that, although were only 11 meters, I saved for a special occasion. The Astia film had been supplied to me years ago my friend Tak Kokyama, of Retro Enterprises.

Very well packed for the return reel

The processing of Super 8 Reversal Lab, technically perfect, is incredible good: amazing colours, saturated but still natural, and very successful skin tones. It's a shame for us filmmakers that Fujifilm has discontinued the manufacture of Fujichrome Astia.

White tail perfectly spliced

If technically the processing of Reversal Lab is perfect, the manipulation of the film is also perfect: there is not the slightest scratch. In addition, this lab returns the film on its reel with its proper white tail, spliced ​​with Fujifilm tape. Of course, the lab also returns the used cartridge, to be reloaded again.

Screen shot with the mobile

Other of the advantages of this laboratory is that it works quickly, at a reasonable price. And it's nice to see how they returns the material from Holland: in a new box, very well packed. 

Screenshot with the mobile

With this very last cartridge I shot my super-ultrashort film "Astia la vista". Film is anamorphic Iscorama but being projected in flat for test purposes.






No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario